Next time you waste paper, you may do well to remember that paper doesn’t grow on trees!
But, about 17-22 full grown trees are cut to make 1 tonne of paper.
Paper usage is inevitable, we understand that because we also use paper, BUT you can help the environment by reusing paper. Reuse minimizes the amount of trash you produce and conserves precious natural resources.
Many everyday paper items can be reused and kept out of landfills:
- Replace using tissue papers with handkerchiefs, why waste paper made out of trees, when you can use a piece of cloth that can be washed over and over again and reused..Think?
- Save paper that has print on only one side. This paper can be reused in a variety of ways: for writing lists or notes, as drawing or coloring paper for children, for home printing that doesn’t need to be professional.
- Save toilet paper rolls and paper towel rolls. These can be used for school or home art projects. They can also be used for starting seeds.
- Save tissue wrapping paper. It can be reused for wrapping another gift, as packing material, or for protecting Christmas ornaments for storage.
- Save junk mail. It can be used to make lists, as scratch paper, for a child’s drawing.
- Replace paper bags with cloth bags while you go shopping.
If you have some paper left that hasn’t been reused through some method above or has been used and re-used to the hilt and can’t be used or re-used anymore, don’t throw it away!
Recycle it and all your organisation’s waste paper by contacting us at ‘Jaagruti™ Waste Paper Recycling Services‘.
We do it for free and we do it to save many a tree!